Website Navigation Menu
This portion of our website has all of the content Cornell Maple Program has produced over the years and a compiling of external resources.
Cornell Maple Program Notebook Series
Maple Syrup Production Beginner's Notebook
Selling Maple Wholesale Notebook
Maple Tubing and Vacuum Notebook
Maple Confections Notebook
Grading Maple Syrup Notebook
Maple Production Instructional Videos
Reverse Osmosis, Monitoring Systems, Sap Collection, Evaporating – these are just a few of the topics covered by our maple production instructional videos.
Maple in the Classroom - Resources for Educators
Access student and teacher materials, including handouts and videos for all grade levels:
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Online Course for Maple Syrup Production, Adam Wild, Small Farms and Cornell Maple Program
- Maple Syrup Quality Control Manual – University of Maine
- New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Agroforestry: "What can I do with my woods?", Steve Gabriel, Tracey Testo
- #11 Forest Land Resources, Tara Hammonds, Small Farms Quarterly
- Other Tree Saps & Syrups, Small Farms
- Maple Syrup Production Resources – University of Maine Extension
- Additional Maple Resources – Anderson's Maple Syrup
- New York State Maple Producers Association
- USDA Forest Health Protection – Forest Pests
- Cornell's Master Forest Owner volunteer program
- Maple Disease Factsheet
- Forest insect pests and how to effectively control them, information from the NYS DEC
- USDA Agencies, Services, and Programs
- University of Vermont Maple Extension Program
- University of Vermont Proctor Research Center
- The North American Maple Syrup Council
- Centre Acer – Maple Research based in Quebec (website in French)
- International Maple Syrup Institute – Non-profit Organization
- Pure Canadian Maple Syrup – Recipes
Maple Recipes & Recipe Videos
Cornell Maple Program has produced maple recipes in video, digital text, and print format (brochures).
BF 152: Intro to Maple Syrup Production Course
The Cornell Small Farms Program is pleased to offer an introductory course in maple syrup production as part of a new suite of online courses. This online course covers all the basics of maple syrup production.
The In the News section includes articles that were either written by, or features the Cornell Maple Program, published in various Maple and other news outlets.
The “Links” page includes useful sugar maple related websites and maple syrup production equipment dealer websites.
For a list of Cornell Maple Program publications and an order sheet for hard copies, click here.
For all downloadable publications in PDF format, click here.
And for student and teacher materials including handouts and videos for all grade levels, click here.
For other types of instructional videos produced by the USDA with presentations by Mike Ferrell and Stephen Childs, click here.