Confluence and Jira transition to managed hosting and upgrade
CIT’s Jira and Confluence products are both in need of a significant redesign and update. Jira is offered mainly to CIT and a subset of campus staff, and is used for software project management; while Confluence is offered to a broad user base across campus and used globally for collaboration as a Wiki. CIT will be deploying both services off premises to implement the latest, most secure and “out of the box” solution for both Confluence and Jira. This solution will include on-going hosting, maintenance, and support of the new environment.
The benefits of this transition include:
- Latest version addresses broken functionality and fulfills previously unsupported requests.
- Future risk is mitigated with Vendor best practices in place for lifecycle management.
- Security vulnerabilities addressed with latest versions and ongoing support for updates by Vendors.
- Customizations impacting support are eliminated.
- Continuity and support objectives met.
For questions regarding the Confluence or Jira deployment please email email@example.com.
Confluence transition news
The Confluence upgrade and content migration to version 7.4 has been scheduled to begin Friday, August 21, 2020, at 5:00pm, through most of Sunday, August 23.
Confluence may be intermittently available while we perform various upgrade-related tasks, but users should not plan on it being available and any changes made during the upgrade window will not be reflected once the migration is complete.
- Confluence upgrade to version 7.4 rescheduled to August 21-23, 2020
- Confluence Upgrade: Pilot Testing
- Confluence Transition – Call for Pilot Testers
- Confluence Migration: Inactive Spaces To Be Archived and Removed June 15, 2020
- Confluence Changes
- Confluence Upgrade
Jira transition news: