CCE IN THE NEWS:
Rockville Centre Herald, March 10-16, 2011
CCE 4-H educator helps Wilson Elementary School 3rd graders learn to grow herbs for pizzas.
To see copy of news story:click here
South Bay’s Neighbor, North Massapequa, February 16, 2011
CCE offers classroom presentations on simple machines and electricity units of study for grades 3-6 to Nassau schools.
To see a copy of news story: click here
This is an excellent website to help you and your family prepare for natural and man-made disasters:
NY Eden is Cornell’s website for emergency preparedness:
USDA –for meats, poultry, processed egg products :
FDA – for all other foods including shell eggs, seafood, fruits, vegetables:
New York State, Department of Agriculture & Markets, Food Safety Alerts, for foods sold in New York State:
HOLIDAY FOOD SAFETY
2011 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
These new guidelines were just released January 31, 2011 by the federal government.
The key messages for consumers are:
- Enjoy your food, but eat less
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread and frozen meals – and choose the foods with lower numbers.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
To find out more visit: