Dorothy P Flint Nassau County 4-H Camp
87 Years of Camp Programs
Visit the camp website for more information about DPF 4-H Camp programs and copies of the 2011 summer camp brochure, application forms, and parent camper handbook:
Announcing – 2011 Camp Dates:
* Session 1 June 27-July 3 Going home Sunday, July 3 at 9 am
* Session 2 July 3-9 Coming to camp on Sunday, July 3 at 9 am, Stayover session July 9 to 11
* Session 3 July 11-16 Stayover session July 16 to 18
* Session 4 July 18-23 NO Stayover
* Session 5 July 25-30 Stayover session July 30 to August 1
* Session 6 August 1-6 Stayover session August 6 to 8
* Session 7 August 8-13 Stayover session August 13-15
* Session 8 August 15-20 NO Stayover
For more information call 516-433-7970 ext. 11
* July 3 to 23
* July 25 to August 13
Open House Dates at DPF 4-H Camp:
Location: Held at DPF Nassau County 4-H Camp
3186 Sound Avenue
Riverhead, NY 11901
For directions: click here
* Saturday, March 26, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
* Saturday, April 2, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
* Saturday, May 14, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Family Camp Weekends:
* May 27-30, Memorial Day Weekend
* September 23 – 25, Family Camp
For more information about these DPF 4-H Camp weekend events, call 516-433-7970 ext 19
DPF Nassau County 4-H Camp Highlights…
* The camp is located in Riverhead.
* Our camp is the largest and longest running of the nine 4-H camps in NYS.
* The DPF 4-H Camp is licensed and inspected by the Suffolk County Department of Health and is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA).
* The camp is open to all boys and girls – grades 4-10 (entering these grades in Fall 2011).
* There are 5-weekend stayovers throughout the summer that can be added to a session.
* The camp offers leadership and CIT Counselor In Training Programs.
* There is an additional program fee for horseback riding and adventure/high ropes programs.
Camp Use - September – May
The Dorothy P. Flint Nassau County 4-H Camp offers a variety of outdoor educational opportunities. Youth and adult groups, businesses and community organizations are invited to rent the beautiful woodlands and beachfront facilities, whether for a school field trip, overnight or conference weekend. The camp is located on 140 acres adjacent to the L.I. Sound, north of Riverhead.
* Accommodations for up to 200
* Heated cabins available for winter months
* Cabins for 10 to 20 persons
* Kitchen and dining hall available
* Customize the rental to suit your needs
For a brochure or for more information about scheduling educational programs and renting camp facilities for your group, call 516-433-7970, ext. 19