Scroll down for different events and articles. Click on article to read in its entirety.
April 1 – October, 2019 – Master Gardeners Hotline opens! Volunteers with basic training from Cornell who have expertise in horticulture will gladly answer your home gardening questions. We can help solve problems with soil, insect pests, deer resistant plants, ticks, vegetable varieties and other gardening topics. Our goal is to help citizens have the best gardens possible using environmentally-sound gardening practices. Click HERE for more!
- Hours: 10am – 12pm Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Call 315-255-1183 ext. 228 (leave a message anytime)
- Email: email@example.com with Master Gardener in the Subject Line
- Visit Cayuga CCE on 248 Grant Ave, Auburn to speak with a Master Gardener in person
- Feel free to bring in soil samples, insect pests, plants or weeds during building open hours, 8am-4pm (they will beheld for Master Gardeners)
April 8-9, 2019 – Herd Health and Nutrition Conference: East Syracuse, NY presented by PRO-DAIRY and Northeast Agribusiness and Feed Alliance (NEAFA). Agenda includes
- Circadian Rhythms and Feeding Management
- Nutrition and Reproduction in Transition Cows
- Environmental Footprint of the Dairy Industry
- Current Concepts in Hypocalcemia
- Risk Management Panel Discussion
Click image for more details and to register!
April 9, 2019 – Tickborne Diseases Update: A CDC Webinar – This webinar will cover major updates in tickborne diseases in the US. Specific information about the extent of the recent multi-state invasion of the exotic H. longicornis tick will be discussed, as well as the real risk of pathogen spread.
April 9, 2019 – Beef Cattle Management Webinar: Just in Time For Spring. This webinar will look at operation results from 2018 as well as their outlook for 2019. Presentations will outline their procedural and financial outcomes, review methods including grazing routine, water system, conditioning and veterinary concerns, transportation and a marketing program. Click image for details.
- Time: 7:00pm
- Join by computer or phone (+1 (646) 876-9923)
April 13-14, 2019 – Dickman Farms Hosts Va Va Bloom Garden Show (come out and meet our Cayuga CCE Master Gardeners!) Creative seminars offered for gardeners and artists alike! Come and browse the farmers’ market available throughout event hours.
- Saturday, April 14 9am – 5pm
- Sunday, April 15, 10am – 5pm
- Click Here for event details!
April 24, 2019 – Cornell Organic Symposium: The Organic Production and Marketing Program Work Team is sponsoring the second annual Cornell Organic Symposium, April 24thfrom 1:00 – 5:00 PM in G10 Biotech on the Cornell Ithaca campus. The Symposium is an opportunity to network and learn about what’s happening in organic research and extension at Cornell. This year the Symposium will have a weed management theme and feature weed ecologist Chuck Mohler as keynote speaker. Click HERE to register.
Click Image for more event details!
April 10, 2019 – QuickBooks Workshops, Especially for Farmers and Growers (back by popular demand). Hands on classes for learning and using QuickBooks for farming operations. Save accounting and bookkeeping time (and money!) QuickBooks is the most used bookkeeping software for small businesses. Reviewed during this workshop
Basic Accounting concepts and report
How to set up a chart of accounts to fit your operation
Invoicing and cash receipts
Recording and paying purchases and expenses
Production and analysis of financial statements
Click Image to register and for more details!