May 1, 2019, Second Annual Spring Turn Out Grazier Meeting
To take advantage of the early registration price of $10, please register by April 29th, 2019. Registration at the door is $15 per person.
FSA Borrower Training Credits are approved for this class.
Join Cornell Cooperative Extension and St. Croix Farm (14 Ridge Rd, Valley Falls, NY 12185) on May 1st, 2019 from 1:00-4:30pm for the Second Annual Spring Turn Out Grazier Meeting! With a full schedule of speakers, you are sure to find new information that you can put to use on your farm.
At this meeting you will learn:
- How beef production in our region of NYS fits into the overall landscape of beef in both the state and country
- Baleage production and use on your farm
- Prevention and control of internal parasites in cattle and small ruminants
- Pasture fly control strategies for all livestock
- Basics of direct marketing your products online and in person
Speakers will include Mike Baker, Cornell University Beef Specialist; Steve Hadcock, Agricultural Entrepreneur and Market Development Educator; Aaron Gabriel, Soils and Crops Educator; Ashley Pierce, Commercial Livestock Educator; and Ken Wise, New York State Integrated Pest Management Program Educator.