May 1, 2019, Second Annual Spring Turn Out Grazier Meeting
To take advantage of the early registration price of $10, please register by April 29th, 2019. Registration at the door is $15 per person.
Join Cornell Cooperative Extension and St. Croix Farm (14 Ridge Rd, Valley Falls, NY 12185) on May 1st, 2019 from 1:00-4:30pm for the Second Annual Spring Turn Out Grazier Meeting! With a full schedule of speakers, you are sure to find new information that you can put to use on your farm.
At this meeting you will learn:
- How beef production in our region of NYS fits into the overall landscape of beef in both the state and country
- Baleage production and use on your farm
- Prevention and control of internal parasites in cattle and small ruminants
- Pasture fly control strategies for all livestock
- Basics of direct marketing your products online and in person
Speakers will include Mike Baker, Cornell University Beef Specialist; Steve Hadcock, Agricultural Entrepreneur and Market Development Educator; Aaron Gabriel, Soils and Crops Educator; Ashley Pierce, Commercial Livestock Educator; and Ken Wise, New York State Integrated Pest Management Program Educator.