Position Description: The summer internship program is designed to provide an individual with a well rounded introduction to the cooperative industry. This hands-on experience will provide ample opportunity to learn about the areas of milk sales and distribution, membership, new orders, transportation and account administration.
Position Title: Summer Intern- Analyst
Location: East Syracuse, NY
Reports To: Dairy Marketing Services Staff
Duration: June 4, 2012 – August 17, 2012
Compensation Type: Paid
- Research and analyze industry data to identify key trends and developments.
- Prepare detailed reports of research findings in various formats to include Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Present reports to key staff.
- Work with the Membership staff to assess the effectiveness of current business relationships and identify future opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to review and interpret various data sources and critical business information.
- Proficiency with MS Excel including data manipulation, development of detailed spread sheets and the ability to create charts and graphs.
- Ability to compile summary reports highlighting key findings and presenting that information to DMS staff members and other stakeholders.
- Junior class status is preferred but not required
If you are interested please send your resume, cover letter, and transcript to Laura Van Erden at Laura.VanErden@DairyMarketingServices.com by Sunday, March 11th. If you have questions regarding this posting, please contact Laura at 888-589-6455 ext. 5924