Program and registration details are all set for the 2010 Cornell Floriculture Field Day, including the Kathy Pufahl Container Competition.
The morning program on the Cornell campus features:
- Coloring the Landscape, Bruce Hellerick, Senior Horticulturist, The Brickman Group
- “Y” does this generation needs your plants, passion, and energy?, Carmen Johnston,Nectar and Company
- Update from the Department of Agriculture & Markets, Margaret Kelly, Asst. Director, Division of Plant Industry
- Taming the Beast: Effective use of Plant Growth Regulators, Bill Miller, Cornell University
- Beyond the Blue Horizon: Alternatives to Liquid Fertilizers, Neil Mattson, Cornell University
- 10 Native Plants that Work in the Landscape and How to Grow Them, Dan Segal, The Plantsmen Nursery
The afternoon program at Bluegrass Lane features lunch, walkabouts, container contest and an ice cream social. (Lunch and ice cream sponsored by Lambert Peat Moss Company.)
You might also be interested in attending the IPM In-Depth, Hands-on Workshop on July 19. This year, sessions will focus on soilless media, fungal diseases and mites. Find out more.