USDA to Reopen FSA Offices for Limited Services During Government Shutdown
U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced that many Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices will reopen temporarily in the coming days to perform certain limited services for farmers and ranchers. Select FSA offices will be open on Thursday, January 17 and Friday, January 18, in addition to Tuesday, January 22.
Staff members will be available at certain FSA offices to help producers with specific services, including:
• Processing payments made on or before December 31, 2018.
• Continuing expiring financing statements.
• Opening mail to identify priority items.
Additionally, as an intermittent incidental duty, staff may release proceeds from the sale of loan security by signing checks jointly payable to FSA that are brought to the county office by producers.
The New York locations of FSA offices to be open during this three-day window are as follows:
- Chautaugua County Service Center 220 Fluvanna Ave, Suite 600, Jamestown, NY 14701 (716) 664-2351
- Cortland County Service Center 1 North Main St, Cortland, NY 13045 (607) 753-0851
- Genesee County Service Center 29 Liberty St, Suite 4, Batavia, NY 14020 (585) 343-9167
- Jefferson County Service Center 21168 NYS Rt 232, Watertown, NY 13601 (315) 782-7289
- Oneida County Service Center 9025 River Rd, Room 201, Marcy NY, 13403 (315) 736-3316
- Ontario County Service Center 3037 County Road 10, Canadaigua NY 14424 (585) 394-0525
- Orange County Service Center 225 Dolson Ave, Suite 1A, Middletown, NY 10940 (845) 343-1872
- St. Lawrence County Service Center 1942 Old Dekalb Rd, Canton NY 13617 (315) 386-2401
- Steuben County Service Center 415 West Morris Street, Bath, NY 14810 (607) 776-7398
- Washington County Service Center 2530 Rt 40, Greenwich, NY 12834 (518) 692-994
While staff are available in person during this three-day window, most available services can be handled over the phone.
Additionally, farmers who have loan deadlines during the lapse in funding do not need to make payments until the government shutdown ends.
For more information on services available click here .