This project was a rather motivational one for me in terms of pushing my limits and thinking creatively as well as using the best possible props available. It was also another learning session for me, as I got more comfortable with the use of filters. Prior to that day I secretly went to the dome to think of how on earth the proposals that had been written were going to be achieved. I also wondered how light was going to have an effect in a room with natural white light projecting in. I thought the task was too herculean to accomplish. When we started to work, I was amazed about how quick and productive the productive the project turned out. The collaborative effectiveness was mind blowing. Everyone and I mean everyone contributed with some great ideas, from how to throw the fabrics, to the use of lights and filters, and the introduction of new equipment and materials i.e. fan and tread. I also enjoyed the different exposures used in taking the pictures. I liked how they created a variety of clear crisp images to ghostly images and how some the fabrics intertwined and merged in layers during the long exposure shots.
The outcome was “out of this world” the images were great but most importantly, I was surprised by how elaborate the light was as it reached the spans of the dome. I was very proud of how we collaboratively worked together and how that expressed it in the images we produced.