Small Game Hunting (e.g., turkey, small game, waterfowl, etc.)
Small game hunting is allowed at the Arnot Forest, all NYS DEC regulations must be followed. Game species may be taken only during their open seasons per NYS DEC regulations.
The Arnot hunting permit will also allow you to hunt on Campus Lands that allow small game hunting (listed below).
Rules and Regulations
- Small game hunting is prohibited in some areas, it is the hunters responsibility to know what rules apply to the area in which they are hunting.
- Small Game Hunting is allowed at:
- Arnot Forest
- Campus Land zones: F3, F4, F9, and F11
with the exception of deer season, no small game hunting is allowed on the Campus Lands during deer season.
- Small Game Hunters will be expected to follow all pertinent Rules and Regulations for Deer Hunting Season.
- There is no sign in/sign out procedure for small game hunter.
- Hunters must wear their Hunter ID tags and display the Small Game parking tag.