Lindsay is promoted to Senior Member of IEEE
See our recent paper about the flexibility of integrated systems in the IEEE Power and Energy Magazine!
PhD Student Vivienne Liu presents her work at the 2019 Doctoral Consortium on Computational Sustainability at Carnegie Mellon University
Lin-Lawell, Anderson, Steinschneider, Walter, and Woodbury receive 2.5M$ grant from NSF/USDA to study the Ag-to-Energy Transition. Cornell Chronicle Article can be found here
Lindsay will visit Penn State University to present in the “Earth Talk’s” Seminar series which is focusing on deep decarbonization in 2019-2020.
July 2019: Congratulations to Jialin Liu on successful defense of his dissertation! Good luck with your new research position at Microsoft!
July 2019: Congratulations to Claire Ge Guo on her new faculty position!
January 2019: Effective 2019, Prof. Anderson will co-Chair the Energy Systems Track for the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, currently in it’s 52 year!
December 2018: Congratulations to Jose Morillo on successful defence of his dissertation!
July 2018 Congratulations to Amandeep Gupta on the acceptance of his paper “Statistical Bus Ranking for Flexible Robust Unit Commitment” in the IEEE Transactions on Power Systems!
The National Offshore Wind Research and Development Consortium is announced by U.S. Department of Energy and will be led by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and Stony Brook University, with participation of Profs. Anderson, Barthelmie, and Pryor. Read the Chronicle story here: http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2018/07/cornell-professors-contribute-winning-offshore-wind-energy-alliance
Effective July 1, Lindsay will be taking on a leadership role with the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future, as the Kathy Dwyer Marble and Curt Marble Faculty Director for Energy
Welcome Alumni and friends to Reunion 2018! Come and see all the ways that Cornell is helping the world transition to a Sustainable Energy Future. Event info:
Talk: “Sustainable Energy: Innovation to Impact” on Friday June 8, 1-230pm in the Alice Statler Auditorium (Lindsay will be one of the panelists!)
Congratulations to Dr. Ge (Claire) Gao on the arrival of her baby son Salomon!
Dr. Ge (Claire) Gao has joined the Anderson Lab as a Postdoctoral Associate. Claire received her Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering at Iowa State University this year. Welcome Claire!
Dr. Luckny Zéphyr will start his first faculty position at Laurentian University (Canada) on July 1, 2018. Congrats Luckny! We will miss you!
Prof. Anderson is promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure. This is an honor for everyone in the lab — thanks to all of you for your support and hard work toward our team goals!
- Congratulations to Dr. Lingfeng Cheng on successful defense of his dissertation! Best of luck on your new adventure at Morgan Stanley!
- Congratulations to Amandeep Gupta on the successful completion of his A-Exam.
- Lindsay is awarded the College of Engineering Excellence in Research Award. Thanks to everyone in the lab for supporting our mission!
- Anderson lab awarded a new grant from the US Department of Energy and the National Energy Technology Lab to study “Management of risk and uncertainty through optimized co-operation of transmission systems and microgrids with responsive loads.” For more information, see the DoE Funding announcement
- Congratulations to Lingfeng Cheng on his newest journal publication! Appearing in Energy Conversion and Management: “Long term planning and hedging for a lignocellulosic biorefinery in a carbon constrained world.” http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2016.08.017
- Dr. Maureen Murage’s work on Wind integration in Kenya is presented at the IEEE Power Africa conference in Livingstone, Zambia.
- Congratulations to Dr. Laura Tupper on successful defense of her dissertation! Good luck to Dr. Tupper on her new adventure as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at Williams College!
- Congratulation to Dr. Maureen Murage on the successful defense of her dissertation!
- Congratulations to Lingfeng Cheng on his first journal publication! Appearing in Applied Energy entitled: “Financial sustainability for a lignocellulosic biorefinery under carbon constraints and price downside risk.” doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.05.089
- Lindsay presents in the Clean Energy Institute speaker series at University of Washington in Seattle.
- Anderson Lab is featured in NEW research.cornell feature article: https://research.cornell.edu/news-features/integrating-renewable-energy-technologies#highlight-1444149869793
- Lindsay Anderson is awarded an NSF Career Award for the project entitled: “Maximizing Renewable Energy Integration: Optimal Management of Uncertainty with Responsive Demand“
- New paper accepted for publication in Energy Policy: Cardell, J. B., & Anderson, C. L. (2015). Targeting existing power plants: EPA emission reduction with wind and demand response. Energy Policy, 80, 11–23. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2015.01.021
- 10/1/14: Lindsay Anderson has been invited to present at 52nd Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing.
- 9/1/2014: New paper accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems! J.B. Cardell & C.L. Anderson (2014) A Flexible Dispatch Margin for Wind Integration. Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems
- 4/1/13: Noah Maze completed his Master of Engineering with the project entitled: “Developing Wind Turbine Modules For GRIDLAB-D“. Noah is currently a Research and development Engineer at Innovative Dynamics Inc. Congrats to Noah!
- 12/12/13: Brandon Bass completed his Master of Engineering with the project entitled: “Production Cost Model For Long-Term Power Price Correlation Forecasting“. Brandon is off to DC for a Senior Consultant position with Navigant Consulting. Congratulations and Good Luck Brandon!
- 10/18/13: Maureen Murage’s paper entitled “Contribution of Pumped Hydro Storage to Integration of Wind Power In Kenya: An Optimal Control Approach.” is accepted for publication in the journal Renewable Energy. Congratulations Maureen!
- 10/08/13: Gabriela Martinéz presented the paper “Two-stage Stochastic Optimization for Energy Planning in Microgrids” at the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Minneapolis MN.
- 10/08/13: Maureen Murage’s paper entitled: “Analysis of the Combined Use of Pumped Hydro Storage with a Kenyan Wind Farm: Stochastic DP Approach” was presented (by Anderson) at the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Minneapolis MN.
- 9/3/13: Dr. Gabriela Martinéz joins our group as a postdoctoral associate. Welcome Gabriela!!
- 7/29/13: Maureen Murage successfully completes her A-Exam. Congrats Maureen!
- 9/9/13: Lingfeng Cheng passes his Q-Exam in CBE. Congrats Lingfeng!