My Office is so Cool!

So today was my first day at my internship and boy was it filled with information. There was not an hour that went by where someone was not telling me how to use the software on my brand new HP computer (that has Office 2007, which is completely different from Office 2003 so much so I didn’t know how to print a document…why did they ever get rid of the little print button shortcut?), how the organization writes memos, how to get to the bathroom, what my boss’ expectations are (this part included a free $17 lunch, crab cakes and sweet potato soup, ummmmm), etc. They also showed me where they keep all the plastic utensils, which was a mistake since I’ll take them all back to my apartment so I can skip on cleaning the silverware every time I eat a meal.

I got acclimated with my cubicle which is on the 10th story right by a window with a beautiful view of DC and an ongoing protest for better wages. The bathrooms were made with black marble floors, walls, and ceilings with wooden stall doors. I don’t think you can do much better in terms of office luxuries if you work for a non-profit. Oh and it’s only a 15 minute commute from the Cornell Center, where my second class (History of the US Senate) will meet for the first time three floors below from where I sleep. You gotta love Cornell in Washington!

One thought on “My Office is so Cool!”

1. Hi there, simply changed into aware of your blog via Google, and located that it’s truly informative. I抦 going to watch out for brussels. I抣l appreciate in the event you continue this in future. Lots of other people shall be benefited from your writing. Cheers!