Start your 2020 with some awesome programs offered by our district educators!
CCE in Rensselaer County
- 30 Hour Training Course for Pesticide Applicators on Tuesday, February 4th at 9:00 AM through Thursday, February 13th3:00 PM
- February 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 2020 (snow dates February 7th and 14th) from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM each day. Classes will be held at the CCE offices, 61 State Street, Troy, NY.
- This course is offered as part of the training requirements needed for people seeking to become certified as pesticide technicians in category 3a OR certified as a private applicator in category 25 by the NYSDEC. When you successfully attend this entire class, you should be eligible to take the NYSDEC exams.
- Program fee is $400.00 per person. Registration deadline is January 24, 2020 or when the class is filled.
- Contact: Marcie Vohnoutka at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 272-4210 ext 11. Click the link for more information: https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.cce.cornell.edu/attachments/41267/30_hr_pesticide_brochure_2020_DRAFT_2.pdf?1575566937
- Spring Garden Day on Saturday, March 7th at Tamarac High School from 9:45 A.M t o3:30 P.M
- Snow date: Sunday, March 8th
- Choose classes from 10 different gardening subjects. Delicious lunch provided by the Rensselaer County Master Gardeners. Shop for bargains at the Used Garden Book and Plant Sale. Pick-A-Prize Auction, with something for everyone. Fabulous door prizes!
- For more information see our website at ccerensselaer.org or phone (518) 272-4210.
- Basic Poultry Management on March 26th at 6:30 P.M at the CCE Office in Troy
- Join us to learn more about basic poultry information to help you get started. Topics will include: hatching egg care, breeds, animal care and handling, housing, and health management.
- Admission is $5. Registration is encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. If you would like to register or have questions, please contact Kayela at 518-272-4210 or email@example.com.
Capital Area Agriculture and Horticulture Program (CAAHP Team)
- Part-Time Farmer Tax School, January 21, 2020 from 5:30 – 9:00 PM
- Hosted in two locations, CCE of Columbia-Greene Counties (479 Route 66, Hudson, NY) and CCE of Rensselaer County (61 State Street, Troy, New York).
- CAAHP Educators, Steve Hadcock and Dayton Maxwell, will be discussing income tax concepts, they will explore Agricultural Value Assessment, Building Exemptions, Sales Tax Regulations and Farmers’ School Tax Credit.
- The cost for attending this workshop is $20 per person, which includes a light dinner and printed materials. Register and pay online at https://tinyurl.com/PTFarmerTaxSchoolHudsonReg to attend the Hudson session, or at https://tinyurl.com/PTFarmerTaxSchoolTroyReg to attend the Troy session. Call 518-765-3518 to register by phone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Twelfth Annual Winter Green-Up, January 25, 2020 at The Century House (997 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY) from 8:00 AM – 4:15 PM
- Cost: $80/person for adults, $60/person for ages 12-18 if registered and paid in advance. $100/person for adults, $70/person for ages 12-18 walk-in/at the door. To help plan for refreshments and the luncheon buffet, please register and pay in advance.
- Register: https://tinyurl.com/WGU2020. For assistance with registration, email email@example.com call 518-765-3518. Questions: Tom, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ashley, 518-272 email@example.com
- Winter Green-Up has a long tradition of presenting speakers with expertise in grazing, meat and food production, and livestock handling. Winter Green-Up 2020 is no exception. Follow the link to see this year’s presenters: http://blogs.cornell.edu/capitalareaagandhortprogram/2019/11/07/twelfth-annual-winter-green-up-january-25-2020/
If you have ideas for programs or Ag Informer blog posts that you would like to see this year, reach out to Kayela at 518-272-4210 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
All of us at CCE Rensselaer wish you a Happy New Year & we hope to see you at our programs throughout the year!