Early Decision Deadline Extended to November 8

The transition to the new online Common Application (CA4) has been challenging for students and counselors. We understand your worries and we are committed to working with you through this process.

In response to student and counselor concerns:

• Cornell University’s early decision deadline has been extended to Midnight (EST) on Friday, November 8. This deadline has been extended for all application materials, including school forms, recommendations, required portfolios for the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning, and required interviews for the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning and for the School of Hotel Administration.
  • We have posted a webpage to help answer the questions you have asked most frequently. If you are having technical difficulties with completing and submitting your Common application, you should seek assistance directly from the Common Application at “Ask A Question”.
  • Frequent updates will be posted on Admissions News (admissions.cornell.edu) and Blog (blogs.cornell.edu/admissions) to share the most up-to-date application information.

Thank you for your persistence and patience during the early decision application process.

26 thoughts on “Early Decision Deadline Extended to November 8

1. We do. We can’t guarantee the score will arrive in time to be considered with your application, but likely it would.

2. Hi Christine – at the moment there is not. If things such as recommendations are missing the applicant will be notified. Following the admissions blog will continue to provide you with up-to-date news regarding the early and regular decision process.

3. Is there anything, as a counselor, I should be doing for my student who has applied ED- my Naviance is still showing that her documents have been submitted, but not received. The extended deadline is fast approaching and she is (understandably) getting nervous.

4. The common app will not let me finish the family member questions specific to Cornell. This is preventing me from sending out my application. What can I do?

5. Hi Amanda, our goal for providing results by mid-December has not changed. However, I do suggest you check our blog, or admissions.cornell.edu around that time. If there are any changes we will post them there.

6. Hi!

Under academics, I initially selected the Primary/Alternate Option, and when I changed my response to “no,” the alternative major didn’t disappear. I played around with this section of the application, and there are still two majors listed, both of which are in the same college. What do I do?

Thanks!