How’s the Weather….Updated

Associate Director Reba McCutcheon, class of ‘96, is not only campus visit coordinator extraordinaire, but is known for checking the weather on her iPhone…repeatedly…still…

Reba McCutcheon '96, Associate Director
Reba McCutcheon '96, Associate Director

A huge fan of the Ithaca area, I’ve lived in the Finger Lakes region for most of my life. I enjoy the outdoors and take full advantage of the state parks, waterfalls, hiking and cross country skiing trails, and the local festivals and farmer’s markets. At Cornell, I advise the Cornell Ambassadors and the Red Carpet Society, two student groups that aim to make the campus visit experience positive and productive.  Majoring in communication, I graduated from Cornell’s Agriculture and Life Science College in ’96 and have been a staff member since ‘98.

In late October, we saw our first snow. It didn’t last long, but it did snow. Today, it’s sunny with beautiful blue skies and a forecasted high of 71. Yes, it’s November. Yes, I am referring to Ithaca’s weather. People are strolling about, eating lunch outside, and soaking up the vitamin D. I even saw two UPS guys in shorts. Is it an Indian summer or just crazy Ithaca weather? You make the call. And if you’re wearing shorts today, enjoy it now because there’s snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

Ithaca Weather on November 9, 2011
Ithaca Weather on November 9, 2011

One thought on “How’s the Weather….Updated