Now that you put your application in the mailbox or hit the submit button, what comes next? In the next few days (a little longer if you mailed your application) you will receive an email from Cornell with the subject line: “Cornell University ApplicantID Created.” This is the confirmation that Cornell has received your application, and the instructions in the email put you in the driver’s seat! Your ApplicantID allows you to create an online application status account – you will know what application materials we have received and processed. Here are a few things to remember so that you can get the most use out of this online resource:
- If Cornell has not received your application fee or approved your fee waiver, you will not be able to see your checklist.
- If you have not submitted your Cornell Supplement to the Common Application, then your checklist will be missing information.
- After you send materials (or submit them electronically), it can take 5-10 days for Cornell to process the materials and for your application status to reflect that.
- The checklist is updated every night, clicking on it multiple times in a day will not show anything new!
- Calling or emailing the Undergraduate Admissions Office will not provide more up-to-date information than what you see on your checklist!
- This is a “yes” or “no” list, so, for example, you will be able to see that we have received your SAT scores but not the score values.
- Letters of recommendation and teacher evaluations will not appear when you check your application status and we do not track the names of the individuals who submit evaluations for applicants.
- There are four checklist items for SAT Subject Tests, and all will appear as a red “X” on the checklist unless a score from that category has been received and the “X” is replaced with a green check.
- Having trouble? Read the FAQs which are a link on the left navigation.
- Having technical difficulties? Please contact the Cornell Information Technologies HelpDesk by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 607.255.8990
Rest assured, if anything is missing from your application we will notify you, typically by email, and you will be given a chance to submit what is needed so your application can be reviewed. However, chances are, if you check your application status online, you will be able to complete your application easily.